Establishing the budget for repaving projects should be high on your to-do list if this is part of your future business plan. Here’s how to go about it.
New parking lot construction costs on average between $2.50 and $7 per square foot for both materials and labor. Expect to pay between $2.50 and $4.50 for asphalt. Total costs vary drastically based on the size of the lot, ranging anywhere from $10,000 for a 10 car space with 4,000 square feet to $700,000 for a 300-car area covering 100,000 square feet. Paving labor ranges between $1.50 and $2 per square foot. Where on that range your project falls depends largely on the local market and the individual contractor. Getting multiple bids from local commercial paving companies is essential. Repaving your asphalt ranges between $0.90 and $2.50 per square foot. It involves adding a 2 inch overlay on top of the old surface. If the current lot is in bad shape, the overlay may need to be deeper than 2 inches, increasing project costs. Parking lots need to be repaved about every 15 to 20 years.
Consider Playground Maintenance
- Degrease the Asphalt Surface – Remove any oil or grease stains on the asphalt surface with an environmentally-friendly, commercial grade degreaser.
- Fill Cracks — Fill any cracks in the asphalt surface before painting to prevent the cracks from becoming potholes, prevent water from penetrating the sub grade and to extend the life of your paved area.
- Thoroughly scrub the surface with water and soap, using large industrial sponges and scrubbers or a pressure washer.
- Now that your surface is ready, you can begin to paint with either spray paint or rollers. If you are painting something decorative, like a school logo or a colorful map, a stencil and spray paint works best.
- Consider having a professional asphalt contractor sealcoat your asphalt playground before you apply any decorative paint. Sealcoating will restore the smooth black surface of your playground and more than double the life of your asphalt pavement.
Sealcoating is essential. Regular sealcoating is very important to extend the life of your asphalt surface. There are many benefits of sealcoating, including; restoring the look of your asphalt surface; making your parking lot easier to clean and protecting the asphalt from harsh weather and regular wear and tear.
The industrial and commercial asphalt world is always changing. Please like this article, share this article, or visit us at https://arnoldasphalt.com.